- Do not wear loose clothing while cooking on the grill or barbecue.
- Before using a grill, check the connection between the propane tank and the fuel line. Make sure the tubes are not blocked.
- Exercise caution when using lighter fluid.
- Do not add lighter fluid to an already ignited grill or barbecue, as the flame can flashback up to the container and cause it to explode.
- Dispose of hot coals properly by dousing them in plenty of water.
During the summer, camping is a pastime many people enjoy. It is important to remember that we are taking up temporary residence in the home of many forms of wildlife. In order to keep ourselves and the environment safe, the following tips should be adhered to:
- Build campfires in a location where they can’t spread (away from grass and leaves).
- Never leave campfires unattended.
- Keep plenty of water and a shovel nearby to douse a fire when you’re done.